Monday, May 4, 2009

In My Mailbox/Mailbox Monday & some RT notes

Half of the blogs on my Google Reader list have 'In My Mailbox' (organized by Story Siren) and half have 'Mailbox Monday' (I can't remember who started/organizes it), so I'm doing both at once :)

Except maybe I'm doing neither because I'm covering two weeks (I was out of town without internet last Monday) and including books from the Romantic Times Book Fair and the library, too.


from literally my mailbox:
Ballads of Suburbia by Stephanie Kuehnert (from Stephanie's widget making contest...before Sprout made everyone pay)
Adios to all the Drama by Diana Rodriguez Wallach (from a contest-thanks to Harmony and Diana for this one)
and while I try to get Ms Jen Barnes' LJ to let me comment, I'll add something:
Red Headed Stepchild by Jaye Wells (In Bed With Books contest)

from the library:
Beautiful Americans by Lucy Silag
Vibes by Amy Kathleen Ryan
You are So Undead to Me by Stacy Jay
The Girl She Used to Be by David Cristofano
The Noah Confessions by Barabara Hall
I Know What You Did Last Summer by Lois Duncan
This is What I Want to Tell You by Heather Duffy Stone
Love is Hell by Melissa Marr, Scott Westerfeld, etc
plus about seven others...apparently I was busy at the library


from RT Book Fair/Borders signing:
Tattoo by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Fate by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Pride by Rachel Vincent
Because Your Vampire Said So by Michele Bardsley
Fish Out of Water by Maryjanice Davidson
Night Life by Caitlin Kittredge
Hell's Belles by Jackie Kessler
Devil Inside by Jenna Black
Forbidden: The Revolution by Samantha Sommersby


and a note on RT (or the book fair since that was all I went to...): I know it's technically the 'Romantic Times' Convention and book fair but do you see how many 'urban fantasy' and YA books (especially throwing in the Jeanne C Stein, Richelle Mead, Rachel Vincent, Jeaniene Frost, Melissa Marr, Keri Arthur, and Mari Mancusi books I already owned) that I got signed? And it was only $5...Seriously, $5 for I think three hours of book buying and signing and author meeting...

Next year it's in Columbus, Ohio so you should really go if you can.

Two other things: I really should have bought Jen Barnes' Squad book(s) and the world is trying to get me to buy Michele Bardsley's books (my library's buying her series in reverse or something--they have the last two only).


I'm going to write up some reviews now and hopefully I'll be able to get enough written to future post them over enough time that there will actually be some posts for a while...a while enough for my computer issues to be fixed (one hates the internet and working in general, the other's not so big on staying on very long).

There's probably something I'm forgetting to include (besides how amazingly awesome those authors are) but since I'm forgetting it, I can't tell you what it is :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Trailer Friday [@RandomHouse @TransworldBooks]

Beth Dorey-Stein's From the Corner of the Oval  - a tale of being the White House stenographer during the Obama administration will be ...