Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday

The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove by Lauren Kate

A steamy Southern beauty makes one fatal mistake.

Natalie Hargrove would kill to be her high school’s Palmetto Princess. But her boyfriend Mike King doesn’t share her dream and risks losing the honor of Palmetto Prince to Natalie’s nemesis, Justin Balmer. So she convinces Mike to help play a prank on Justin. . . one that goes terribly wrong. They tie him to the front of the church after a party, when they arrive the next morning, Justin is dead.

From blackmail to buried desire, dark secrets to darker deeds, Natalie unravels. She never should’ve messed with fate. Fate is the one thing more twisted than Natalie Hargrove.

"Cruel Intentions" meets "Macbeth" in this seductive, riveting tale of conscience and consequence.

This book sounds like it’s one of those that, if done well and given enough depth, it could be plain amazing. And that “Cruel Intentions” and “Macbeth” bit got my attention (even if I don’t have the best of luck so far with the ‘meets’ comparisons)…I’ve seen “Cruel Intentions” too many times and I was the weird one who actually loved “Macbeth” when we read it in school.

(November 12, 2009.)

3 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to this one! Sounds great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've watched Cruel Intentions a gazillion times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @prophecygirl
    I wish November weren't so far away!

    @Juju
    I will do that! Sorry I've been so behind on my blog comment-yness. And thank you!!!

    @Rachel
    I really love that movie...I'll probably watch again soon just because of the comment ;)

    ReplyDelete

Book Trailer Friday [@RandomHouse @TransworldBooks]

Beth Dorey-Stein's From the Corner of the Oval  - a tale of being the White House stenographer during the Obama administration will be ...