Sunday, September 20, 2009

my friend has gone

One of my best friends died today. I don't think I've fully realized it yet (she lives in Europe, I don't so it was reading an internet message which I think takes more time than being there?), but there's something she asked of her friends over on the other journal site where I have a personal journal and she, well, did.

She didn't want anyone to be sad at her passing or make donations, instead she wanted people to: take a day and wear something that made them happy (she'd worked in fashion), something that had good memories for them; to spend the day with someone they loved-and be sure to tell people that you do love them; and she wanted people to make sure you realise the good things you do have; and take an hour (at least) and do something that makes you happy.

I know in my previous post I shouldn't have been as vague as 'my friend's really sick' or whatever I said when I knew she was dying but I couldn't bring myself to even write it--still I would like to thank everyone who commented on that post.

There really are no words for what an amazing person, mother and friend she is,--or was, I suppose.


Reviews and posts may or may not get back to normal soon, I really don't kow.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that. But I love this: 'instead she wanted people to: take a day and wear something that made them happy.' What a great last wish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Grief is different for everyone, so give yourself permission to do (or not do) what you need.

    I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I know how it feel to lose a friend.


    Peace
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Book Trailer Friday [@RandomHouse @TransworldBooks]

Beth Dorey-Stein's From the Corner of the Oval  - a tale of being the White House stenographer during the Obama administration will be ...