Monday, July 12, 2010

In My Mailbox Monday

for review:


Wicked Girls by Stephanie Hemphill& Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel (from LibraryThing Early Reviewers)

Wicked Girls: A Novel of the Salem Witch Trials (June 29):
What started out as girls' games became a witch hunt. Wicked Girls is a fictionalized account of the Salem witch trials told from the perspectives of three of the real young women living in Salem in 1692.

Ann Putnam Jr. plays the queen bee. When her father suggests that a spate of illnesses within the village is the result of witchcraft, Ann grasps her opportunity. She puts in motion a chain of events that will change the lives of the people around her forever.

Mercy Lewis, the beautiful servant in Ann's house, inspires adulation in some and envy in others. With a troubled past, she seizes her only chance at safety.

Margaret Walcott, Ann's cousin, is desperately in love and consumed with fiery jealousy. She is torn between staying loyal to her friends and pursuing the life she dreams of with her betrothed.

With new accusations mounting daily against the men and women of the community, the girls will have to decide: Is it too late to tell the truth? (Amazon.com)


Infinite Days (Vampire Queen) (Aug 3):
"Throughout all my histories, I found no one I loved more than you...no one."

Those were some of Rhode's last words to me. The last time he would pronounce his love. The last time I would see his face.

It was the first time in 592 years I could take a breath. Lay in the sun. Taste.

Rhode sacrificed himself so I, Lenah Beaudonte, could be human again. So I could stop the blood lust.

I never expected to fall in love with someone else that wasn't Rhode.

But Justin was...daring. Exciting. More beautiful than I could dream.

I never expected to be sixteen again...then again, I never expected my past to come back and haunt me... (Amazon.com)



(So glad my modem started working again in time for this post . . . having one that quits for hours/days whenever it loses power at all is not good when strong thunderstorms are an almost daily occurrence ;))

2 comments:

  1. Great books! Infinite Days looks really good. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were both ones that I was really v ery happy to receive :)I'm hoping to start (& review) Infinite Days soon!

    Thanks for reading (and commenting).

    -Lucile
    Book Sp(l)ot

    ReplyDelete

Book Trailer Friday [@RandomHouse @TransworldBooks]

Beth Dorey-Stein's From the Corner of the Oval  - a tale of being the White House stenographer during the Obama administration will be ...