Friday, September 23, 2011

My YA OTP [Mini Challenge]

My Cute Bookshelf is having a Mini Challenge as part of Princess Bookie's Contest Craze, the Mini Challenge post is here

What is said Mini Challenge you might be wondering, well it is this:
One True Pairing Mini Challenge
To enter this challenge:
  • You should create a blog post with your OTP (One True Pairing), meaning your favorite couple from young adult books. Explain why they’re your favorite YA couple. If you don't have a blog, you can share your answer in the comments section.
  • To make it fun, add pictures of who you think can portray the characters.
  • Add the link to your blog or comment to the linky tool at the bottom of this post to participate.
Prize:
  • A YA Book of your choice from the Book Depository up to $10.
Rules:
  • Open everywhere, as long as the Book Depository ships to your country.
  • Giveaway ends on September 28.

(info taken from challenge post)

And here is my entry . . .

My YA OTP (one true pairing) is . . .  Lola and Cricket Bell from Lola and the Boy Next Door - I can pick people from a book that comes out in six days, right? (I reviewed it already - link below)

For Lola and Cricket I have picked Dave Franco (though I really wanted to pick whoever the cover model was, honestly) and Mae Whitman



My review of Lola says a lot about why I love them (review) but they are both so real, separately they are characters that could be in any book and you would just have to fall in love with them but then you put them in a book together - with the scenes and dialogue that Stephanie Perkins wrote and BAM! it's hard to image anything ever better. (And I could say other stuff but it's still still not actually out yet so I don't want to be spoilery!)

Plus, one of them has the best fashion sense ever (well maybe both of them, now that I think about it) and the other $#$#$#s stuff (yeah, I don't remember how long it takes till that's all revealed and it's fun so I'm not telling!).

I adore them. Please, please let them be all over the third book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Trailer Friday [@RandomHouse @TransworldBooks]

Beth Dorey-Stein's From the Corner of the Oval  - a tale of being the White House stenographer during the Obama administration will be ...