Saturday, January 7, 2012

Reading Challenge Suggestion

This might be strange, suggesting you all sign up for a reading challenge when I haven't signed up for it yet, but it's a way to read some really great books!!



Red Button


The YA Saves Reading Challenge at Patricia's Particularity is a 10 (or more) book challenge - here's the description:
YA Saves Reading Challenge is a way to challenge yourself to read any Young Adult book that can be considered a YA Saves book. What is a YA Saves book you may ask? It is a book that tackles hard issues, in any genre (fantasy, contemporary, etc) as long as it is Young Adult.

Some of my favorite books from 2011 (and 2010) are part of the challenge: Hold Still by Nina LaCour, The Beginning of After by Jennifer Castle, By The Time You Read This I'll Be Dead by Julie Anne Peters, Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher. Then there are Ellen Hopkins' books which I've been meaning to read . .. there are lots of possibilities.


Interested in signing up? Know of any books coming out in 2012 that would be considered YA Saves books?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the promote! I am really hoping this challenge will kick off and return next year! I hope you sign up and I can't wait to see what YA Saves books you read. If you need any suggestions you can go to the GoodReads Challenge group I made HERE where I included (and will be all the time) a Booklist of YA Saves Books! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Patricia

    I am definitely still debating it (I think all of the books I have to read for January and February are making me a little nervous about adding something else!).

    Thanks for letting me know about the Goodreads group :)

    ReplyDelete

Book Trailer Friday [@RandomHouse @TransworldBooks]

Beth Dorey-Stein's From the Corner of the Oval  - a tale of being the White House stenographer during the Obama administration will be ...