Thursday, February 2, 2012

Thursday Thirteen

With the news that Kiera Cass' The Selection has a pilot ordered for The CW and the fact that Eve by Anna Carey was optioned for TV (I don't know what's going on with that) . . . I got to thinking about what books would make good television shows - or at least which books I would like to see made into TV shows (who knows if they'd ultimately be good or not!):

Books That Should Be TV Shows:

  1. Frail by Joan Frances Turner (I think mentioned this in my review)
  2. My Life Undecided (granted I'm still reading this one, but the format seems like it would be great for TV)
  3. Drake Chronicles by Alyxandra Harvey - the whole series. Yes, there are already vampire shows on but this one has more humor and is just awesomesauce! (Without Buffy on we're missing the vampires + funny = watch it*)
  4. Paranormalcy series by Kiersten White (this might be going to be a movie but I also think on TV it could be very Buffy-esque, too)
  5. Princess for Hire by Lindsey Leavitt - it'd probably be more for Disney but really, what's wrong with that?
  6. Body Finder series by Kimberly Derting - because why not? I love, love the books and there are some crime, murder solving shows on but they're all adult, this one could be older teen/young adult. 
  7. Bleeding Violet by Dia Reeves. 
  8. Anything Sara Ockler. She writes such fantastic contemporary fiction. It likely wouldn't have all the draaahhmma that people seem to like, but I think it could be done
  9. 10 Things We Did and Probably Shouldn't Have Done by Sarah Mlynowski
  10. Sweet Venom (or the series) by Tera Lynn Childs
  11. Need Pixies series by Carrie Jones
  12. ghostgirl series by Tonya Hurley
  13. and lucky #13 is staying open because of some books I have coming up that I think might fit here!!

Agree? Disagree? Have no idea what these books/series are but have your own ideas?


*except for that Supernatural episode not about Twilight, of course

2 comments:

  1. I'd like Paranormalcy - enjoyed very much. Although, I have to say, I don't trust the CW with books anymore - they've ruined everything I loved about Vampire Diaries and The Secret Circle. The shows are good, but they're not the same - at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did like Privileged that they did (which was off Zoey Dean's How to Teach Filthy Rich Girls) though admittedly I didn't read the book yet - and they did cancel it ;-)

    I haven't seen enough of Vampire Diaries of Secret Circle to say whether or not they I agree . . .

    I think I'm just going off of loving Buffy and Supernatural which might not be fair since neither were books first.

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting :)

    ReplyDelete

Book Trailer Friday [@RandomHouse @TransworldBooks]

Beth Dorey-Stein's From the Corner of the Oval  - a tale of being the White House stenographer during the Obama administration will be ...