Thursday, March 8, 2012

I Was Tagged

SarahS from Wondrous Readings 'tagged' me

Here are the rules/what it is:
The Rules:
1. Answer the questions that the tagger set for in their post.

2. Create 11 questions for the people you tag to answer.

3. Tag 11 people and link them to your post.

4. Let them know you tagged them.

5. Include these rules and the person who tagged you in your post


and here are her questions:


1) What are some of your hobbies, other than reading?
Writing, painting, training my dog, and hopefully growing some sort of a garden this summer.

2) What book are you most excited about coming out in 2012?
This likely changes week to week, but right now I'm really excited for Isla and the Happily Ever After. I don't seem to be able to go wrong with that series - I'm still in love with Lola. (my Goodreads list is wrong and that's a 2013 book. Carolee Dean's new book Forget Me Not. I so, so enjoyed Take Me There and I think Forget Me Not brings up incredibly timely issues, too.

3) What book pulled you out of your comfort zone?
Various Positions really did - and not really in a good way. It was definitely not what I was expecting and had some things in it that I'm not sure I would have read it had I been expecting them. (There's probably an example of a book that did this and that I liked but Various Positions is what is coming to mind.)

4) What book would you like to see become a movie?
Absolutely, absolutely the Caster Chronicles books. I know they're already working on making them into movies so I hope this isn't a cheat of an answer, but they're the ones that are first and foremost on my list. (The Body Finder series and Paranormalcy I'd love to be TV shows, I think.)

5) Do you judge books by their cover?
I have to say that I kind of do! I know it's bad but I'm more likely to pick up a book with a gorgeous - or provocative cover. I won't not read a book if i dislike the cover but it takes a stronger synopsis when I dislike the cover for me to take a chance on the book.

I absolutely bought The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes because of the cover (namely the little girl) - and loved it. When I'm scanning books coming out in the future, I click on pretty looking ones more. Then again, I do think designing book covers would be a fantabulous job, so . . .

6) EBooks vs Printed Books vs Audiobooks? Which do you perfer?
Can I say all of the above? I have more than one way to read ebooks, have so many print books (and still buy them) and download audio books from my library quite frequently.

7) What book would you recommend?
Well that's a broad question ;-) CeeCee Wilkes that I mentioned above. Article 5 and Wanderlove are two 2012 books I'd recommend - and both authors are part of my upcoming Spring Break Blog Spectacular!


8) What book were you most excited to receive for review?
Oooh, maybe Pandemonium, recently? Or Lola and the Boy Next Door? Or Supernaturally? I've gotten some really fantastic ones!

9) How did you come up with the name of your blog?
Half of it makes very little explanation when I try (yay?), the other part is Book Sp(l)ot = Book Spot and BookS plot. You have to play with the 'L.'  It's dorky,  yet I oddly like it still. ;-D

10) If you could go back in time, when would it be?
This one's still up for debate in my head.

11) Do your friends and family follow your blog?
A few and a very few.


my questions:

1) Last amazing book you read?
2) Favorite movie - or TV show - adapted/inspired by a book? *
3)  What is a book cover you just love - regardless of whether or not you like the book itself?
4) What's your favorite classic novel?
5) What book to movie coming out soon is a case where I have to read the book first?
6) What is a non-YA book you would recommend?
7)  Do you still read magazines? In print?
8) What is a book that defied your expectations - in any way at all?
9) What is the one book that you so want to read and it's been on your shelf for ever, but you keep reading newer books anyway?
10) Favorite 2012 book (so far)?
11) Author you'd love to meet?



I am going to be no fun and tag no one because my Spring Break Event has my brain on overload, at the moment. I'm really very interested in what anyone says to these questions (I'm kind of tagging everyone), if you answer them, link me??


*The Descendants maybe *wink, wink*

1 comment:

  1. Great answers, I always judge a book by it's cover, sadly. I just got Article 5 last week, and can't wait to dive into it.
    Thanks for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete

Book Trailer Friday [@RandomHouse @TransworldBooks]

Beth Dorey-Stein's From the Corner of the Oval  - a tale of being the White House stenographer during the Obama administration will be ...