Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday


Waiting On Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine

This week's Waiting On Wednesday book is one I've been eyeing for a while . . . and might have to for a while more, it doesn't come out until 20th November - it was February (unless I'm imagining things)!

Not only that, Michele Vail is the YA pen name of Michele Bardsley who writes the Broken Heart Vampires series (among other things). I haven't read much of that series yet (I am SO behind on my series) but I did meet her a few years ago at one of the RT Book Fairs and she was great and super funny.

Undeadly (The Reaper Diaries #1) by Michele Vail ~ published by HarlequinTEEN
The day I turned 16, my boyfriend-to-be died. I brought him back to life. Then things got a little weird...

Molly Bartolucci wants to blend in, date hottie Rick and keep her zombie-raising abilities on the down-low. Then the god Anubis chooses her to become a reaper—and she accidentally undoes the work of another reaper, Rath.

Within days, she’s shipped off to the Nekyia Academy, an elite school that trains the best necromancers in the world. And her personal reaping tutor? Rath. Who seems to hate her guts.

Rath will be watching closely to be sure she completes her first assignment-reaping Rick, the boy who should have died. The boy she still wants to be with.

To make matters worse, students at the academy start turning up catatonic, and accusations fly—against Molly. The only way out of this mess? To go through hell. Literally.
I love that there'll be a YA book about necromancers (the word makes me think of the Anita Blake books  but they're not YA), another YA series about reapers (I heart Rachel Vincent series) and you really have to try hard to go wrong with boarding school books . . .

The Greek gods - or at least Anubis - being involved also leads a nice, kind of mythological sounding air to things (and might not be at all there once I read the book but it has me intrigued!).

Definitely want to read this one and hope the release date doesn't move again . . . unless it's up!!


on: Goodreads/Book Depository/Amazon


What are you waiting on this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Trailer Friday [@RandomHouse @TransworldBooks]

Beth Dorey-Stein's From the Corner of the Oval  - a tale of being the White House stenographer during the Obama administration will be ...