Thursday, December 6, 2012

Beasts of the Southern Wild

Do you ever get really excited about a movie . . . only to not have the chance to see it?  (For whatever reason.)

Then you kind of forget about it.

Some months pass.

Then you see a new Blu-ray/DVD release and Wait-a-minute! That’s the movie.

Does that ever happen? Well, it happened to me with Beasts of the Southern Wild and I’m guessing it might happen to some of you as well.

About Beasts of the Southern Wild:
Faced with both her hot-tempered father's fading health and melting ice-caps that flood her ramshackle bayou community and unleash ancient aurochs, six-year-old Hushpuppy must learn the ways of courage and love.

It was released to theatres in the summer (July) of 2012 and stars Quvenzhané Wallis as Huspuppy who got the role when she was only 5 and there’s already talk of her winning awards for it.

If you’d like to see more about the film you can check out this fun flipbook that has quotes (read by Hushpuppy), images and the DVD trailer. (Or you can always see IMDb or buy on Amazon.)



[I love the cover of this film, too. Movie covers don't always get as much focus as book covers because we don't look at them as much but this one's FANTABULOUS and beautiful.]

here's a longer, official trailer (still see the flipbook, for sure)

  



thanks Think Jam for letting me know about the flipbook

1 comment:

  1. The cover is beautiful! I haven't heard of this movie, but I am thinking that I would enjoy it. I love movies like this one. Thanks for the review, and for letting me know about this one.

    ReplyDelete

Book Trailer Friday [@RandomHouse @TransworldBooks]

Beth Dorey-Stein's From the Corner of the Oval  - a tale of being the White House stenographer during the Obama administration will be ...