Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday - Book Club Picks


This week's Ten: Ten Books I'd Love to Read With My Book Club/If I Had A Book Club (or you could pick a specific kind of book club -- like if you had a YA book club or an adult book club or a science fiction book club etc.)

I don't have a book club so I decided to pick 10 SciFi Books for my theoretical book club.
  1. The Martian by Andy Weir (Goodreads) - my review
  2. These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner (Goodreads) - my review of the sequel
  3. Cinder by Marissa Meyere (Goodreads) - my review
  4. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey (Goodreads) - my review
  5. The Girl with All the Gifts by M.R. Carey (Goodreads)
  6. Station Eleven by Emily St John Mandel (Goodreads)
  7. The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Claire North (Goodreads)
  8. I Am Legend by Richard Matheson (Goodreads)
  9. Afterparty by Daryl Gregory (Goodreads)
  10. Feed by Mira Grant (Goodreads) - my review
With The Martian, Feed, and The 5th Wave I would love to read them with a Book Club because they have a lot of elements I would love to discuss - from the Near Future imaginings, the danger(s) faced and how the characters deal with everything.

Cinder is just fun and I think I'd like to see what others thought of it and the fairy tale parts.

The Girl with All the Gifts, Station Eleven, The First Fifteen Lives of Henry August and Afterparty I have on my list to read and a Book Club might just be the inspiration I need to finally read them! I Am Legend is one where I've seen the movie but still intend to read the book.

And These Broken Stars, well I love it and want to talk with everyone else about how much we love Lilac and Tarver!


Have you read any of the ones I still need to read? What did you think of them?

Any SciFi books that should be on my list?

And, as always, if you have your own Top Ten Tuesday post, link me to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Trailer Friday [@RandomHouse @TransworldBooks]

Beth Dorey-Stein's From the Corner of the Oval  - a tale of being the White House stenographer during the Obama administration will be ...